F1 teams to test with Pirelli in Bahrain
London: Six Formula One teams will carry out a tyre test with supplier Pirelli in Bahrain next week after the sporting regulations were changed on safety grounds, the governing FIA said on Monday.
The International Automobile Federation said in a statement that world champions Red Bull, Mercedes, Ferrari, McLaren, Force India and Toro Rosso had accepted an invitation open to all teams.
The test at the Sakhir circuit will be from December 17-19.
Regular testing is banned until next year under current regulations but Pirelli had called for a dispensation so they could collect more data about next year`s tyres with representative machinery.
The first regular test of 2014 is scheduled for late January in Jerez, Spain.
The Italian company is keen to avoid any repeat of this year`s spectacular British Grand Prix blowouts that threw the sport into crisis and forced Pirelli to revise their tyre construction.
Next season brings the introduction of a new V6 turbo-charged engine with energy recovery systems, in place of the old V8, with Pirelli outspoken about the need for more time to test the tyres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh