Felipe Massa eyeing F1 title challenge
Rio de Janeiro: Ferrari driver Felipe Massa has said he intended to vie for the Formula 1 drivers` championship this year alongside team-mate Fernando Alonso.
The Brazilian has been buoyed by a strong finish last season which guaranteed a one-year contract extension with the Italian team, reports Xinhua.
"I want to be competitive in 2013, start winning again and challenge for the championship," Massa said.
"I have done it before and it`s something that you don`t forget how to do."
The 31-year-old scored just 23 points in the first half of last season before a series of impressive results catapulted him to seventh in the drivers` standings with 122 points.
He is already preparing for the first race of the new season in Melbourne March 17 with a refreshed outlook.
"When I step into the car I enjoy myself," Massa said.
"When this happens I am able to perform better. I think I could have my best year ahead of me."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Hyundai Elantra 2016: Enjoy 360 Experience drive with Shah Rukh Khan
- Police Scotland make hijab part of official uniform
- Bastian Schweinsteiger not giving up on Manchester United
- England vs Pakistan, 1st ODI: Pak Innings — As it happened...
- World's largest aircraft, Airlander 10, crashes during 2nd test flight - Watch