Felipe Massa hopeful of Ferrari contract extension
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian driver Felipe Massa hopes his second-placing at the Japanese Formula 1 Grand Prix will be enough to secure his position with Ferrari next year.
The 31-year-old has been under pressure after a poor start to the season with reports suggesting Ferrari could replace him with Force India`s Nico Hulkenberg or Paul di Resta.
"The conversation we have been having until now has been that it (a contract extension) should happen," Massa revealed in an interview with Brazilian media Sunday.
"I`m hoping it will be confirmed as soon as possible."
The result at Suzuka Sunday was Massa`s best finish since the 2010 German Grand Prix and the fifth consecutive race in which he has accumulated points.
"I`m relieved after having gone such a long period without a podium finish," Massa said. "This shows that we are here to fight with the leaders and win races."
Massa is currently ninth in the driver standings with 69 points, 125 points behind championship leader and Ferrari teammate Fernando Alonso.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?