Felipe Massa looking ahead to Ferrari revival
London: Brazilian driver Felipe Massa is looking forward to Formula One`s upcoming return to traditional high-speed circuits as a boost for himself and Ferrari.
The 32-year-old, who has suffered a series of crashes in the races in Monaco and Canada, said he believed that tracks like Silverstone and the Nurburgring would help Ferrari close on leaders Red Bull in the constructors` championship.
"I think Silverstone can be a bit better for us," explained Massa.
"The car was very strong in Barcelona and in China. Montreal was a completely different track compared to where next we are going -- to Silverstone and Nurburgring, where you have a lot of lateral corners.
"There are a lot of medium and high-speed corners, so we will see. I think will be better on normal tracks."
Massa rejected the idea that Ferrari had fallen behind Red Bull in the season-long development war that now characterises modern Formula One.
The Italian outfit are on 145 points, 56 points behind Red Bull, whose German world champion Sebastian Vettel heads the overall drivers championship.
Instead, he said he felt that the last two races in Monaco and Canada were merely "blips" in their progress because of the nature of the circuits.
"I`m not very happy for what`s happened to me recently -- in Bahrain for the tyre, Monaco for the two crashes and in Canada with qualifying," he added.
"So, definitely I want to get to the next race with a lot of luck -- good luck! -- and show our potential every time in qualifying and in the race.
"I know we have the pace and that is important. We have to go and do it."
The British Grand Prix takes place at Silverstone on June 30 while the German GP is at the Nurburgring on July 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31