Felipe Massa looking ahead to Ferrari revival
London: Brazilian driver Felipe Massa is looking forward to Formula One`s upcoming return to traditional high-speed circuits as a boost for himself and Ferrari.
The 32-year-old, who has suffered a series of crashes in the races in Monaco and Canada, said he believed that tracks like Silverstone and the Nurburgring would help Ferrari close on leaders Red Bull in the constructors` championship.
"I think Silverstone can be a bit better for us," explained Massa.
"The car was very strong in Barcelona and in China. Montreal was a completely different track compared to where next we are going -- to Silverstone and Nurburgring, where you have a lot of lateral corners.
"There are a lot of medium and high-speed corners, so we will see. I think will be better on normal tracks."
Massa rejected the idea that Ferrari had fallen behind Red Bull in the season-long development war that now characterises modern Formula One.
The Italian outfit are on 145 points, 56 points behind Red Bull, whose German world champion Sebastian Vettel heads the overall drivers championship.
Instead, he said he felt that the last two races in Monaco and Canada were merely "blips" in their progress because of the nature of the circuits.
"I`m not very happy for what`s happened to me recently -- in Bahrain for the tyre, Monaco for the two crashes and in Canada with qualifying," he added.
"So, definitely I want to get to the next race with a lot of luck -- good luck! -- and show our potential every time in qualifying and in the race.
"I know we have the pace and that is important. We have to go and do it."
The British Grand Prix takes place at Silverstone on June 30 while the German GP is at the Nurburgring on July 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Turkey will give full support to operation to retake Syria's Jarablus from Islamic State: Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'