Felipe Massa says Williams can challenge F1 leaders Mercedes in Belgium GP
London: Williams driver Felipe Massa has said that his team can challenge Formula One leaders Mercedes in individual races after the season restarts at Spa in Belgium.
The Brazilian driver also said that Williams could finish second in this year`s Formula One constructors` championship.
Williams is much improved after a miserable 2013 following their decision to run the dominant Mercedes engine, and although the German team is way out in front, Massa believes that they can catch current second-placed team Red Bull, who are 84 points clear.
Massa said that they need to fight for the second place, and added that if Williams does a perfect job from now until the last race, it can be possible, The BBC reported.
Massa said that Williams can even challenge championship leaders Mercedes in individual races once the season restarts at Spa in Belgium on 22 August.
The Williams has reportedly been one of the strongest cars on faster, lower down-force circuits in 2014, thanks to the way the car is designed and the Mercedes engine.
Massa said that it is not impossible that Williams would have more of a chance against Mercedes, adding that Spa and Monza should suit them, maybe Austin and Brazil, and in the last race in Abu Dhabi there are some good straights.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!