Felipe Massa says Williams can challenge F1 leaders Mercedes in Belgium GP
London: Williams driver Felipe Massa has said that his team can challenge Formula One leaders Mercedes in individual races after the season restarts at Spa in Belgium.
The Brazilian driver also said that Williams could finish second in this year`s Formula One constructors` championship.
Williams is much improved after a miserable 2013 following their decision to run the dominant Mercedes engine, and although the German team is way out in front, Massa believes that they can catch current second-placed team Red Bull, who are 84 points clear.
Massa said that they need to fight for the second place, and added that if Williams does a perfect job from now until the last race, it can be possible, The BBC reported.
Massa said that Williams can even challenge championship leaders Mercedes in individual races once the season restarts at Spa in Belgium on 22 August.
The Williams has reportedly been one of the strongest cars on faster, lower down-force circuits in 2014, thanks to the way the car is designed and the Mercedes engine.
Massa said that it is not impossible that Williams would have more of a chance against Mercedes, adding that Spa and Monza should suit them, maybe Austin and Brazil, and in the last race in Abu Dhabi there are some good straights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital