Fernando Alonso cleared after precautionary checks
Abu Dhabi: Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso had precautionary checks in hospital after hurting his back on a heavy jolt over the kerbs at the Abu Dhabi Formula One Grand Prix on Sunday.
A team spokesman said he had been given the all-clear.
"I still have all my teeth after the impact," the Spaniard, who finished fifth in the race, told reporters after the incident which occurred when he ran wide to avoid a collision with Jean-Eric Vergne`s Toro Rosso.
"My back is obviously in pain a little bit because it was a big hit."
The double world champion, second in the standings in a season already won by Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel for the fourth year in a row, said the impact had triggered an alarm on the chassis.
However, he played down any concerns about his fitness for the next race in Austin, Texas,
Ferrari are battling Mercedes for second place in the constructors` standings with two races to go.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- After Arvind Kejriwal, Sonia Gandhi meets 13-year-old Delhi rape victim at AIIMS
- Randeep Hooda’s dream girl is beautiful – See pic
- Chemical factory blast sends shock waves in Dombivali near Mumbai; 3 dead, over 100 injured
- HC stays Haryana government's decision to grant 10% reservation to Jats, 5 other communities
- Unveiled! First teaser poster of Riteish Deshmukh, Nargis Fakhri's 'Banjo' – View pic