Fernando Alonso cleared after precautionary checks
Abu Dhabi: Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso had precautionary checks in hospital after hurting his back on a heavy jolt over the kerbs at the Abu Dhabi Formula One Grand Prix on Sunday.
A team spokesman said he had been given the all-clear.
"I still have all my teeth after the impact," the Spaniard, who finished fifth in the race, told reporters after the incident which occurred when he ran wide to avoid a collision with Jean-Eric Vergne`s Toro Rosso.
"My back is obviously in pain a little bit because it was a big hit."
The double world champion, second in the standings in a season already won by Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel for the fourth year in a row, said the impact had triggered an alarm on the chassis.
However, he played down any concerns about his fitness for the next race in Austin, Texas,
Ferrari are battling Mercedes for second place in the constructors` standings with two races to go.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early