Ferrari ace Alonso says feeling best ahead of 2013 F1 season
London: Ferrari`s ace driver Fernando Alonso has claimed he is in the best shape ahead of the 2013 Formula One season, adding he is feeling better than the last season this time around. Having spent seven seasons hunting down his elusive third world drivers title, Alonso said he feels great, as he has trained very hard and now he is both physically and mentally ready for the season ahead.
Posting the second quickest time in the final pre-season test at Barcelona`s Circuit de Catalunya the 31-year-old said the trust, confidence and motivation are better than any other year this season, and pit-stop wise, with starts, all these things, they are constantly learning. The Spaniard added he has prepared better, adding he is better than last year, and they have a better starting point and he has learned from some of the mistakes.
Ahead of the curtain raiser in Melbourne next weekend Alonso said he was confident his new Ferrari F138 is on the pace, saying this year they should be on the podium and there is no reason to believe that this will not happen in the first race. Alonso added they couldn`t say for sure they are going to be winning races but the car is better than last year and more competitive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends