Ferrari boss urges team to give all to help Alonso beat Red Bull’s Vettel
London: Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has urged his team to take inspiration from driver Fernando Alonso’s brilliant effort at the Indian Grand Prix and called on them give their all to help the Spaniard pip Red Bull driver Sebastian Vettel to win the Formula One drivers’ championship.
Di Montezemolo was impressed with Alonso``s display in the Indian Grand Prix this weekend, as the Spanish driver produced a gutsy drive to finish second to Sebastian Vettel.
From fifth on the grid at the Buddh International Circuit, Alonso managed to claim second - his best result since his win in Germany in July to leave a 13-point gap between himself and Vettel.
Going into this weekend``s race in Abu Dhabi, Vettel has the chance to become the first driver to win five successive races since 2004 when Michael Schumacher achieved seven in a row en route to his seventh world title.
However, the Ferrari boss wants his team to give their best shot at the F1 championship and help Alonso on course to his third F1 title.
“Drivers and team have never been more united to give 120 per cent. We``re more united than ever, and the team is working on further improvements with the last three races in sight,” the Daily Mirror quoted Di Montezemolo, as saying.
“We``re ready to give it 120 per cent, just like Alonso. We``ll fight for the championship to the last kilometre. I``m very confident,’ he added.
“Alonso was exceptional in India. Felipe (Massa) brought home some very important points for the constructors`` championship, and the team was perfect in the strategy and reliability,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why