Ferrari `not pleased` with `unacceptable` team performance at Australian GP
London: Ferrari technical director James Allison has said that the team`s performance in the season-opening Australian Grand Prix was `not acceptable` following team drivers Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen finishing at fourth and seventh positions respectively at Melbourne.
Allison said that although he is pleased with Ferrari`s reliability but he believes that the team has their work cut out to improve their car in order to compete on equal terms with Mercedes team.
According to the BBC, Allison said that although there is plenty about the car-F14T that is not working well, including the starts and the pace in corners being the strong points, they need to work further on the stability under braking and the speed on the straights.
However, Allison also said that the opportunities to improve the car this are massive, given all the new regulations this year, and they are expecting the race to improve the cars to make them even more `sensational than normal`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security