Ferrari rear wing declared illegal
Barcelona: Ferrari were forced to replace the rear wing on their cars at the Spanish Grand Prix on Saturday after Formula One`s governing body declared it illegal.
"They told us that the concept is not legal," a team spokesman said.
International Automobile Federation (FIA) race director Charlie Whiting had told reporters on Friday the governing body was taking a close look at the new wing brought to the Circuit de Catalunya by the Italian team.
"It`s a very clever interpretation of the rules and we`ve got to decide whether we think it`s a good interpretation of the rules," he had said.
The decision was a blow for Ferrari`s double world champion Fernando Alonso, who will be racing in front of his home crowd on Sunday.
The Italian team are third in the overall standings, 83 points behind champions and leaders Red Bull.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India