Ferrari rear wing declared illegal
Barcelona: Ferrari were forced to replace the rear wing on their cars at the Spanish Grand Prix on Saturday after Formula One`s governing body declared it illegal.
"They told us that the concept is not legal," a team spokesman said.
International Automobile Federation (FIA) race director Charlie Whiting had told reporters on Friday the governing body was taking a close look at the new wing brought to the Circuit de Catalunya by the Italian team.
"It`s a very clever interpretation of the rules and we`ve got to decide whether we think it`s a good interpretation of the rules," he had said.
The decision was a blow for Ferrari`s double world champion Fernando Alonso, who will be racing in front of his home crowd on Sunday.
The Italian team are third in the overall standings, 83 points behind champions and leaders Red Bull.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends