Ferrari rear wing declared illegal
Barcelona: Ferrari were forced to replace the rear wing on their cars at the Spanish Grand Prix on Saturday after Formula One`s governing body declared it illegal.
"They told us that the concept is not legal," a team spokesman said.
International Automobile Federation (FIA) race director Charlie Whiting had told reporters on Friday the governing body was taking a close look at the new wing brought to the Circuit de Catalunya by the Italian team.
"It`s a very clever interpretation of the rules and we`ve got to decide whether we think it`s a good interpretation of the rules," he had said.
The decision was a blow for Ferrari`s double world champion Fernando Alonso, who will be racing in front of his home crowd on Sunday.
The Italian team are third in the overall standings, 83 points behind champions and leaders Red Bull.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31