Ferrari team principal denies rift with Alonso
Washington: Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali has rejected speculation that a power struggle between him and driver Fernando Alonso is the reason why the Italian team is facing a tough time in the present Formula One season.
According to CNN, Alonso, a two-time world champion, got two grand prix wins in the first five races of the season, but he has not been able to match the blistering pace set by Red Bull`s three-time drivers` champion Sebastian Vettel.
Domenicali denied that he was too soft for one of motorsport`s most demanding jobs.
Alonso is second in the drivers` standings and trails the leader Vettel by 46 points after ending Sunday`s Belgian Grand Prix as runner up, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje