Ferrari team principal denies rift with Alonso
Washington: Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali has rejected speculation that a power struggle between him and driver Fernando Alonso is the reason why the Italian team is facing a tough time in the present Formula One season.
According to CNN, Alonso, a two-time world champion, got two grand prix wins in the first five races of the season, but he has not been able to match the blistering pace set by Red Bull`s three-time drivers` champion Sebastian Vettel.
Domenicali denied that he was too soft for one of motorsport`s most demanding jobs.
Alonso is second in the drivers` standings and trails the leader Vettel by 46 points after ending Sunday`s Belgian Grand Prix as runner up, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test