FIA General Assembly formulates amendments for improvement
New Delhi: The FIA General Assembly marked the end of the annual meeting week in which a series of amendments were formulated to create a modern organisation to serve the interests of its members in future.
During the assembly, many amendments were made to the Statutes of the FIA, which include improving the structure of FIA administration by including a CAO who, along with the two secretary generals, will constitute a senior management team.
The assembly also adopted changes to the voting procedure, in order to allow all the Mobility clubs to express their own vote on general questions and established the Manufacturers` Commission within the structure of the FIA.
The assembly also decided to take various steps to fight against doping in motorsport and strengthen the operation of the FIA Anti-Doping Disciplinary Committee (ADC).
The assembly laid down various Judicial and Disciplinary Rules, and also approved the appointment of Michel de Thomasson as Chairman of International Historical Commission.
It also empowered the World Council for Automobile Mobility and Tourism with the task of appointing the 2012 Presidents for the new Policy Commission and Services Commission.
It also approved the renewal of four judges to the International Tribunal and seven judges to the International Court of Appeal, each proposed by the Judicial Appointment Committee for a three-year term.
Also during the assembly, modifications to the International Sporting Code were approved, besides the composition of the Sporting Commissions.
FIA President, Jean Todt, along with Senate President Nick Craw and Deputy Presidents Brian Gibbons and Graham Stoker, welcomed the delegates to the meeting and, on behalf of the assembly, thanked Indian host Vijay Mallya and his team at the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India for their support, assistance and hospitality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared