FIA General Assembly formulates amendments for improvement
New Delhi: The FIA General Assembly marked the end of the annual meeting week in which a series of amendments were formulated to create a modern organisation to serve the interests of its members in future.
During the assembly, many amendments were made to the Statutes of the FIA, which include improving the structure of FIA administration by including a CAO who, along with the two secretary generals, will constitute a senior management team.
The assembly also adopted changes to the voting procedure, in order to allow all the Mobility clubs to express their own vote on general questions and established the Manufacturers` Commission within the structure of the FIA.
The assembly also decided to take various steps to fight against doping in motorsport and strengthen the operation of the FIA Anti-Doping Disciplinary Committee (ADC).
The assembly laid down various Judicial and Disciplinary Rules, and also approved the appointment of Michel de Thomasson as Chairman of International Historical Commission.
It also empowered the World Council for Automobile Mobility and Tourism with the task of appointing the 2012 Presidents for the new Policy Commission and Services Commission.
It also approved the renewal of four judges to the International Tribunal and seven judges to the International Court of Appeal, each proposed by the Judicial Appointment Committee for a three-year term.
Also during the assembly, modifications to the International Sporting Code were approved, besides the composition of the Sporting Commissions.
FIA President, Jean Todt, along with Senate President Nick Craw and Deputy Presidents Brian Gibbons and Graham Stoker, welcomed the delegates to the meeting and, on behalf of the assembly, thanked Indian host Vijay Mallya and his team at the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India for their support, assistance and hospitality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list