FIA puts question mark over 2011 Indian, Chinese Grand Prix
London: Formula One`s governing body ratified a record 20-race 2011 calendar on Wednesday, with lingering question marks over the Chinese and Indian grands prix.
The International Automobile Federation (FIA) said both were included but subject to homologation, or approval, of the circuits.
That was expected in the case of India, due to make its debut on Oct. 30 with a new track under construction near New Delhi.
China`s impressive Shanghai circuit has hosted seven Formula One races but an FIA spokeswoman said changes needed to be made.
"The homologation licence for the Shanghai International Circuit has expired and before a new licence can be issued by the FIA some work on the track is required, with particular regards to the current drainage system and the quality of the track surface," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 40 naxals surrender in Bastar
- Pakistan shocker: Minor girl raped, thrown off roof in Karachi
- NASA inflates spare room in space
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today