Final leg of JK Tyre National championship on Sunday
Chennai: Nail-biting finishes are on the
cards in all three Formula Car events in the final leg of the
12th JK Tyre National Road Racing championship at
Irungattokkottai in Sriperumbudur here tomorrow and on Sunday.
With five legs completed so far, the drivers points
position have never been as close as this season in Formula
Rolon Chevrolet, Formula Swift and Formula Hyundai categories.
All drivers are locked in a close fight with ever improving
Former champion in both Formula Swift and Formula Hyundai
category, Ashwin Sundar(Speed NK Racing), who missed the
fourth round here due to international racing commitments,
leads by a slender two points (52) over nearest rival and
defending champion Gaurav Dalal (50) of Red Rooster Racing in
his bid to annex the Formula Rolon Chevrolet championship
Red Rooster Team in its debut last year ruled the roost
winning the top three spots through Gaurav Dalal (71) and
Sarosh Hataria (56). They also clinched the Team title with
They currently lead the points table for the team title
with 99 points, followed by Narain Karthikeyan`s Speed NK
Racing (68) and Amaron-Meco (60).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'