Five Indians in Yamaha ASEAN Cup Race
New Delhi: Five Indian riders are among the 41 competitors who will vying for top honours at the 10th Yamaha ASEAN Cup Race, starting November 30 at the Sentul International Circuit in Jakarta.
The riders were shortlisted from the four rounds of the National level R15 One Make Race Championship 2013, recently held at the Madras Motor Race Track in Chennai. The two-day event is an international one-make championship competition to crown the number one rider in the ASEAN region.
It will be contested in two new classes - an ST Class using the `YZF-R15` street sports model and an MT Class using the `JUPITER Z1` sporty underbone type model. The circuit, which is located in West Java, has an approximate length of 3.96 km.
Forty-one riders from five participating nations - Philippines, India, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia have been chosen via national qualifiers in their respective countries, while two riders from Japan will compete as special entries.
Launched in 2003, the racing event aims to promote the sporty image of the company`s brand throughout the ASEAN region.
Indian riders: Vivek Pillai (Chennai), Ananth Raj (Chennai), Shyam Shankar (Chennai), Akash Dingare (Pune) and Lal Rindika (Mizoram).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Cuteness alert! Insanely adorable pictures of 'Ye Hai Mohabbatein' fame Ruhaanika Dhawan
- Mother Sofia Hayat displays her singing talent - Watch video
- Mercedes, GE among 'Make in India' investors
- 1st Test, Day 1: Steve Smith-led Australia in driver's seat after bowling out Sri Lanka for 117
- 'Kabali' Rajinikanth follows just one politician on Twitter; he is PM Narendra Modi