Five Indians in Yamaha ASEAN Cup Race
New Delhi: Five Indian riders are among the 41 competitors who will vying for top honours at the 10th Yamaha ASEAN Cup Race, starting November 30 at the Sentul International Circuit in Jakarta.
The riders were shortlisted from the four rounds of the National level R15 One Make Race Championship 2013, recently held at the Madras Motor Race Track in Chennai. The two-day event is an international one-make championship competition to crown the number one rider in the ASEAN region.
It will be contested in two new classes - an ST Class using the `YZF-R15` street sports model and an MT Class using the `JUPITER Z1` sporty underbone type model. The circuit, which is located in West Java, has an approximate length of 3.96 km.
Forty-one riders from five participating nations - Philippines, India, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia have been chosen via national qualifiers in their respective countries, while two riders from Japan will compete as special entries.
Launched in 2003, the racing event aims to promote the sporty image of the company`s brand throughout the ASEAN region.
Indian riders: Vivek Pillai (Chennai), Ananth Raj (Chennai), Shyam Shankar (Chennai), Akash Dingare (Pune) and Lal Rindika (Mizoram).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane