FMSCI awards: Vishnu Prasad most promising driver of year
Mumbai: Vishnu Prasad was voted the most promising Motor Sport Man of the Year by the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI) which honoured its 2013 national champions here n Saturday.
Prasad was awarded the newly instituted rolling trophy promoted by Raymonds. Longtime scrutineer K Krishnamurthy was presented with the Lifetime Achievement award. Also present were FIA APRC Champion Gaurav Gill and Indian racer Armaan Ebhrahim.
The FMSCI honoured all its National Champions in the categories of MMSC FMSCI National Racing Championship, FMSCI Indian National Rally Championship, JK Tyre FMSCI National Rotax Max Karting Championship, FMSCI Indian National TSD Rally Championship, FMSCI Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship and MRF MoGrip FMSCI National Super cross Championship.
Indians who excelled abroad, including Narain Karthikeyan, Karun Chandhok, Armaan and Gill, were also recognised.
India`s superbike team Mahi Racing, owned by country`s cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, was also recognised for winning the World Supersport Constructors title.
Sahara Force Academy Driver Jehan Daruvala, who became the first Indian to win the British KF3 Karting Championship, was also given an award by the FMSCI. Two wheeler riders including K Rajni Krishnan, winner at Losail Asia Road Racing Championship and R Deepak and K Jagan were also given awards for their great effort internationally.
Newly-elected President J Prithviraj said the glamorous Formula 1 circuit which has dropped India from its calendar this year and for the next, was only a small blip on the motor sports and promised the country would regain its status on the GP circuit.
"It is important that we honour our champions and show them the respect they deserve. This is the start of better things to come and we are up to the challenge of taking the sport to greater heights. F1 not looking to India is only a small turbulence which will pass soon and India will be back on the map," he said.
Prithviraj also reiterated the FMSCI`s focus on working closely with the Government, manufacturers and sponsors to take the sport forward. "We still need to focus our efforts towards getting clearances from the sports ministry and many other pending matters. This process will take some time but we have made the necessary steps to ensure we achieve this. No sport in the world would survive without sponsors and the same is true for us," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon