Force India a happy unit with four points from home race
Greater Noida: It would have been an ideal result for Sahara Force India had both its cars earned points in their home Grand Prix here today, but the team is still a happy unit with Nico Hulkenberg`s eighth-place finish, considering the poor qualifying.
Paul di Resta ended outside the points bracket, finishing the race in 12th position after starting from 16th. However, Hulkenberg gained four positions from his P12 from the grid to acquire four points for the side.
Since none of the Sauber drivers could finish in top-10, Force India managed to reduce the gap with the Swiss team to 23 points.
"It was a good team effort. All the cars in front were quite a bit ahead and quicker as well. That`s the maximum we could have achieved today. It was smooth race smooth weekend. We had aimed to finish with points and we should be happy with it," said Hulkenberg, who had passed Sauber`s Sergio Perez in lap 13 when he was in DRS zone.
On his overtaking move Hulkenberg said, "DRS did most of the job. I had a good exit on turn three then DRS got activated and it was quite easy to pass him (Perez).
Asked if Force India did a better job than Sauber throughout the weekend, his terse reply was, "Today yes, yesterday no."
Hulkenberg said the Buddh International Circuit has evolved incredibly in such short period.
"It`s hell of a lot. I have never seen so much improvement in a circuit in my life."
Paul di Resta, meanwhile, said that he struggled with the balance of the car.
"It was quite a tough afternoon, but I think that we achieved all we could from the race because I couldn`t get any more out of the car today. I drove as hard as I could and was pushing all the way. We were in the hunt battling with Rosberg and Senna, but I didn`t really get close enough to challenge them. To be honest I`ve struggled to find the ideal balance with the car all weekend," he explained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks