Force India a happy unit with four points from home race
Greater Noida: It would have been an ideal result for Sahara Force India had both its cars earned points in their home Grand Prix here today, but the team is still a happy unit with Nico Hulkenberg`s eighth-place finish, considering the poor qualifying.
Paul di Resta ended outside the points bracket, finishing the race in 12th position after starting from 16th. However, Hulkenberg gained four positions from his P12 from the grid to acquire four points for the side.
Since none of the Sauber drivers could finish in top-10, Force India managed to reduce the gap with the Swiss team to 23 points.
"It was a good team effort. All the cars in front were quite a bit ahead and quicker as well. That`s the maximum we could have achieved today. It was smooth race smooth weekend. We had aimed to finish with points and we should be happy with it," said Hulkenberg, who had passed Sauber`s Sergio Perez in lap 13 when he was in DRS zone.
On his overtaking move Hulkenberg said, "DRS did most of the job. I had a good exit on turn three then DRS got activated and it was quite easy to pass him (Perez).
Asked if Force India did a better job than Sauber throughout the weekend, his terse reply was, "Today yes, yesterday no."
Hulkenberg said the Buddh International Circuit has evolved incredibly in such short period.
"It`s hell of a lot. I have never seen so much improvement in a circuit in my life."
Paul di Resta, meanwhile, said that he struggled with the balance of the car.
"It was quite a tough afternoon, but I think that we achieved all we could from the race because I couldn`t get any more out of the car today. I drove as hard as I could and was pushing all the way. We were in the hunt battling with Rosberg and Senna, but I didn`t really get close enough to challenge them. To be honest I`ve struggled to find the ideal balance with the car all weekend," he explained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened