Force India complete mid-season testing
Mugello (Italy): Sahara Force India had a busy day on the track, checking out aero balance and tyre compounds on the third and final day of the mid-season testing here.
Paul Di Resta and Nico Hulkenberg shared the VJM05 for the final day of running. While Di Resta completed 34 laps, Hulkenburg was on the track for 55 laps.
"It was a much better day and good to get a reasonable number of laps in the car in dry conditions. We had a busy programme focussing on aero data collection this morning, aero balance and general performance work. The data we have seems encouraging and I think that we are well prepared for Barcelona," Di Resta said.
"I think we have learned quite a lot today and it`s a good way to end the test with a busy afternoon. There was a lot to get through, but the main priority was on understanding the car we have here and making sure we feel ready for Barcelona. There`s a lot of data to go through before we get there and we also have to look at how the different tyre compounds behaved, but overall I`m pleased with the day`s work," added Hulkenburg.
Team`s Chief Engineer Jakob Andreasen said he was pleased with how things panned out for the outfit.
"After a tricky start to the week I`m pleased that we have ended the test with a full day of running. The focus this morning was on aero work and we fitted several devices to the car, which allowed us to collect the most important data to continue our assessment of the latest car developments," he said.
"Later in the day we moved towards set-up work, running new sets of the medium and hard tyres and extracting performance from the car.”
"Before we leave Mugello I would like to thank everyone in the team for their efforts over the last few days to ensure we were able to complete the main items on our job list. It puts us in a good position as we head to Barcelona for next week`s Spanish Grand Prix," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs