Force India driver Di Resta confident of ‘strong start’ to F1 season
London: Force India driver Paul di Resta is confident the team can start the new Formula One season on a stronger note than last year. Force India is looking to build on last season’s seventh-place finish in the constructors’ championship. The Silverstone-based team knows a strong start is imperative if they are to move up the order after several seasons struggling in the middle of the pack.
Asked if Force India could kick on, Di Resta said that there’s no reason why the team shouldn’t, adding the pressure is on them to make sure they start better. Di Resta said last year they under -performed, certainly until the European season, adding they need to launch a car, understand it, and bring a race package to it that makes the car quicker than when it was rolled out. Force India claims the VJM06 is a totally new car and the 26-year-old Scot is positive about finally landing a maiden F1 podium, as last year’s fourth in Singapore is Di Resta’s best result in his 39 races to date.
Di Resta said they all are trying to do the best job possible, and he added when it all gels well they could obviously see the results they achieve. Di Resta still does not know who his team-mate will be this season after Nico Hulkenberg left to join Sauber.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll
- Throwback! Diana Penty’s Italian vacation pics will inspire you to visit the country
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci