Force India driver Di Resta confident of ‘strong start’ to F1 season
London: Force India driver Paul di Resta is confident the team can start the new Formula One season on a stronger note than last year. Force India is looking to build on last season’s seventh-place finish in the constructors’ championship. The Silverstone-based team knows a strong start is imperative if they are to move up the order after several seasons struggling in the middle of the pack.
Asked if Force India could kick on, Di Resta said that there’s no reason why the team shouldn’t, adding the pressure is on them to make sure they start better. Di Resta said last year they under -performed, certainly until the European season, adding they need to launch a car, understand it, and bring a race package to it that makes the car quicker than when it was rolled out. Force India claims the VJM06 is a totally new car and the 26-year-old Scot is positive about finally landing a maiden F1 podium, as last year’s fourth in Singapore is Di Resta’s best result in his 39 races to date.
Di Resta said they all are trying to do the best job possible, and he added when it all gels well they could obviously see the results they achieve. Di Resta still does not know who his team-mate will be this season after Nico Hulkenberg left to join Sauber.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened