Force India extend McLaren partnership
London: Force India have extended their partnership with McLaren until the end of next year and appointed Andrew Green as technical director, the Formula One team said on Friday.
McLaren have supplied the Silverstone-based team, who also use Mercedes engines, with gearboxes and hydraulics since 2009.
"The partnership with McLaren and Mercedes has matured into one of the most successful relationships on the grid," said team principal Vijay Mallya in a statement.
"I`ve always said I would like to see a Force India on the podium at the Indian GP and I believe we have the resources, both human and technical, to do it."
India is due to host a grand prix for the first time later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31