Force India eye strong finish to end 2013 season
Sao Paulo: Sahara Force India would not be complacent going to Brazilian Grand Prix, final race of the F1 season, as the team wants to finish sixth on the constructors title and the drivers want to sign off on a high, here on Sunday.
Force India enjoy a strong 24-point lead over Sauber and are not likely to lose the sixth position.
"I think the odds are in our favour, but there`s no room for complacency. We need to make sure we get the job done in Interlagos," Team Principal Vijay Mallya said.
"The weather forecast is for some rain and that would introduce an element of unpredictability. That was the case last year when Nico [Hulkenberg] was leading the race, so we have good memories of Interlagos."
Paul Di Resta said the small 4.309km Interlagos circuit is difficult to negotiate.
"Because it’s such a small track every hundredth and thousandth of a second becomes even more critical in qualifying. The lap has a very nice flow with a real variation of corners. There are fast sections, slow corners, elevation changes and off-camber parts of the lap. It may be small, but it has everything you need from a track.
"..It would be great to round off the year with a special result. The weather forecast looks uncertain and it’s a track which always generates an interesting Grand Prix. It’s the final race for the V8 engines so I really hope we can end the era on a positive note."
Adrian Sutil said the track should suit their car and likely wet conditions would also benefit them.
"It’s quite easy to follow a car onto the straight and there’s a big chance for slip-streaming. It’s also a difficult circuit to drive despite its short length. It’s bumpy and quite low grip, which makes it hard to get the perfect lap.
"I believe the track will suit our car and, should this be a wet race, we could be in a good position for a high-points finish," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are festivals and other social fete being manipulated for political benefits?
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Tips to treat minor burns at home!
- UEFA Champions League draw: Barca reunion for Guardiola, Madrid get Dortmund, Arsenal pair PSG
- Clinton tops 50% support from US voters in latest poll
- Bihar floods kill eight more; water recedes in UP but still in red
- Tired of frequent dandruff problem? Try these home remedies!