Force India eye strong result at Hungarian GP
Budapest: Sahara Force India Formula 1 team are eager to go into the mid-season break with a strong points finish at the Hungarian Grand Prix this weekend.
Force India, who have made their best ever start to a season, need to bounce back at the Hungaroring after drawing blank in Germany and keep their nose ahead of the sixth placed McLaren. Force India are on 59 points and McLaren 49.
Adjusting to the new Pirelli tyres will be another challenge for the Silverstone outfit as well as the other teams.
"I think the first nine races have probably exceeded the expectations we set ourselves over the winter. The first mission was to start the year well and that’s what we have done. We have shown good pace and had some excellent races. At the same time we recognise that we haven’t made the most of all the opportunities. But I prefer to focus on the positives and there’s no doubt that the VJM06 is the best car we have ever produced," said team principal Vijay Mallya.
The team`s only points here came in 2011 when Paul di Resta finished seventh. The Scot likes the track and is hoping to better his performance of two seasons ago.
"It’s very demanding physically and mentally because you are nearly always in a corner. The layout feels more like a street track and all the corners flow into each other so you need to find the rhythm of the track and build your confidence with each lap. By the time the track is fully rubbered in it feels very satisfying to drive," said di Resta.
For team`s German driver Adrian Sutil, it is going to be a special weekend as he approaches his 100th Grand Prix.
"It’s hard to believe how quickly time goes by! It’s a big milestone, for sure, but in the end it doesn’t really change anything. My goals remain the same as when I started my first event and that’s to win races. I still love the sport and I hope I can continue to drive these amazing cars for a long time," said Sutil.
About his chances in the race, Sutil said: "I’ve never scored points in Budapest so that’s the first objective this year. The track is tight and we need to qualify well because there are not many opportunities to overtake."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!