Force India finish 7th, 9th in Britain
Silverstone (England): Force India drivers Adrian Sutil and Paul di Resta finished seventh and ninth, respectively, in a dramatic British Grand Prix here at Silverstone Sunday.
After a series of tyre explosions throughout the race, the Grand Prix was won by Mercedes` Nico Rosberg who finished the 52-lap race just 0.7 seconds ahead of Australian Mark Webber (Red Bull) and Fernando Alonso (Ferrari).
Germany`s Sutil started in sixth to come home in seventh to bag six points while British teammate di Resta drove a superb home race to bring home his car ninth and clinch two points after starting 22nd and last, after being penalised Saturday for having an underweight car during qualifying.
Di Resta (36 points) and Sutil (23) are eighth and 11th, respectively, in the drivers` championship while the team are fifth in the constructors` championship with 59 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured