Force India finish 7th, 9th in Britain
Silverstone (England): Force India drivers Adrian Sutil and Paul di Resta finished seventh and ninth, respectively, in a dramatic British Grand Prix here at Silverstone Sunday.
After a series of tyre explosions throughout the race, the Grand Prix was won by Mercedes` Nico Rosberg who finished the 52-lap race just 0.7 seconds ahead of Australian Mark Webber (Red Bull) and Fernando Alonso (Ferrari).
Germany`s Sutil started in sixth to come home in seventh to bag six points while British teammate di Resta drove a superb home race to bring home his car ninth and clinch two points after starting 22nd and last, after being penalised Saturday for having an underweight car during qualifying.
Di Resta (36 points) and Sutil (23) are eighth and 11th, respectively, in the drivers` championship while the team are fifth in the constructors` championship with 59 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report