Force India impress in British GP qualifying
Silverstone (England): Sahara Force India`s Paul di Resta and Adrian set the fifth and seventh fastest time at the Formula 1 British Grand Prix qualifying here Saturday.
Lewis Hamilton blazed to pole in his home race ahead of Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg. Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber locked the second row for Red Bull.
Another Briton, di Resta, had an impressive outing at the Silverstone Circuit. The Scot`s flying lap of 1:30.736 in Q3 puts him in the third row for the race Sunday. With the effort, Di Resta equalled his best qualifying run of 2013. He was also fifth at Bahrain.
Sutil produced a 1:30.908 which was bettered by Toro Rosso`s Daniel Ricciardo for the sixth place.
Interestingly, it was day when Force India were faster than Ferrari, Lotus and McLaren.
They continue leading McLaren in the team standings after the first seven rounds of the season. The Silverstone outfit has 51 points to McLaren`s 37.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say