Force India impress in British GP qualifying
Silverstone (England): Sahara Force India`s Paul di Resta and Adrian set the fifth and seventh fastest time at the Formula 1 British Grand Prix qualifying here Saturday.
Lewis Hamilton blazed to pole in his home race ahead of Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg. Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber locked the second row for Red Bull.
Another Briton, di Resta, had an impressive outing at the Silverstone Circuit. The Scot`s flying lap of 1:30.736 in Q3 puts him in the third row for the race Sunday. With the effort, Di Resta equalled his best qualifying run of 2013. He was also fifth at Bahrain.
Sutil produced a 1:30.908 which was bettered by Toro Rosso`s Daniel Ricciardo for the sixth place.
Interestingly, it was day when Force India were faster than Ferrari, Lotus and McLaren.
They continue leading McLaren in the team standings after the first seven rounds of the season. The Silverstone outfit has 51 points to McLaren`s 37.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery