Force India impress in British GP qualifying
Silverstone (England): Sahara Force India`s Paul di Resta and Adrian set the fifth and seventh fastest time at the Formula 1 British Grand Prix qualifying here Saturday.
Lewis Hamilton blazed to pole in his home race ahead of Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg. Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber locked the second row for Red Bull.
Another Briton, di Resta, had an impressive outing at the Silverstone Circuit. The Scot`s flying lap of 1:30.736 in Q3 puts him in the third row for the race Sunday. With the effort, Di Resta equalled his best qualifying run of 2013. He was also fifth at Bahrain.
Sutil produced a 1:30.908 which was bettered by Toro Rosso`s Daniel Ricciardo for the sixth place.
Interestingly, it was day when Force India were faster than Ferrari, Lotus and McLaren.
They continue leading McLaren in the team standings after the first seven rounds of the season. The Silverstone outfit has 51 points to McLaren`s 37.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal