Force India impress in British GP qualifying
Silverstone (England): Sahara Force India`s Paul di Resta and Adrian set the fifth and seventh fastest time at the Formula 1 British Grand Prix qualifying here Saturday.
Lewis Hamilton blazed to pole in his home race ahead of Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg. Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber locked the second row for Red Bull.
Another Briton, di Resta, had an impressive outing at the Silverstone Circuit. The Scot`s flying lap of 1:30.736 in Q3 puts him in the third row for the race Sunday. With the effort, Di Resta equalled his best qualifying run of 2013. He was also fifth at Bahrain.
Sutil produced a 1:30.908 which was bettered by Toro Rosso`s Daniel Ricciardo for the sixth place.
Interestingly, it was day when Force India were faster than Ferrari, Lotus and McLaren.
They continue leading McLaren in the team standings after the first seven rounds of the season. The Silverstone outfit has 51 points to McLaren`s 37.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje