Force India makes top-10 at European GP qualifying
Valencia: Sebastian Vettel claimed third straight pole position for Red Bull at the Formula One European Grand Prix qualifying here Saturday while Sahara Force India`s Nico Hulkenberg and Paul di Resta set the eighth and 10th fastest time.
Vettel was fastest with 1:38.086 in a very competitive Q3, taking his third pole of the season. McLaren`s Lewis Hamilton clocked 1:38.410 to pip Pastor Maldonado for the second place. The Venezuelan timed 1:38.475 in his Williams.
Di Resta, who was third quickest in Q2 and was placed top five in the final session, was pushed back on the grid along with Hulkenberg. Both Force Indias recorded 1:38.752 and 1:38.992.
India`s Narain Karthikeyan will start Sunday`s race in 22nd place ahead of the two Marussias. He managed 1:42.527 which was slower than his teammate Pedro de la Rosa`s 1:42.171.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC