Force India makes top-10 at European GP qualifying
Valencia: Sebastian Vettel claimed third straight pole position for Red Bull at the Formula One European Grand Prix qualifying here Saturday while Sahara Force India`s Nico Hulkenberg and Paul di Resta set the eighth and 10th fastest time.
Vettel was fastest with 1:38.086 in a very competitive Q3, taking his third pole of the season. McLaren`s Lewis Hamilton clocked 1:38.410 to pip Pastor Maldonado for the second place. The Venezuelan timed 1:38.475 in his Williams.
Di Resta, who was third quickest in Q2 and was placed top five in the final session, was pushed back on the grid along with Hulkenberg. Both Force Indias recorded 1:38.752 and 1:38.992.
India`s Narain Karthikeyan will start Sunday`s race in 22nd place ahead of the two Marussias. He managed 1:42.527 which was slower than his teammate Pedro de la Rosa`s 1:42.171.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them