Force India makes top-10 at European GP qualifying
Valencia: Sebastian Vettel claimed third straight pole position for Red Bull at the Formula One European Grand Prix qualifying here Saturday while Sahara Force India`s Nico Hulkenberg and Paul di Resta set the eighth and 10th fastest time.
Vettel was fastest with 1:38.086 in a very competitive Q3, taking his third pole of the season. McLaren`s Lewis Hamilton clocked 1:38.410 to pip Pastor Maldonado for the second place. The Venezuelan timed 1:38.475 in his Williams.
Di Resta, who was third quickest in Q2 and was placed top five in the final session, was pushed back on the grid along with Hulkenberg. Both Force Indias recorded 1:38.752 and 1:38.992.
India`s Narain Karthikeyan will start Sunday`s race in 22nd place ahead of the two Marussias. He managed 1:42.527 which was slower than his teammate Pedro de la Rosa`s 1:42.171.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre