Force India, Mercedes-Benz sign long-term agreement
New Delhi: Sahara Force India and Mercedes-Benz on Thursday signed a long-term agreement for the Silverstone-based team to use a full Mercedes-Benz powertrain from the 2014 season onwards.
The agreement will see Mercedes-Benz supply Force India with a complete Power Unit (internal combustion engine plus energy recovery system), transmission and all associated ancillary systems under the new regulations for 2014.
Mercedes-Benz entered the era of customer engine supply in 2009 with the Silverstone-based team and this close working relationship is now in its fifth season.
These historic links and the growing competitiveness of Force India helped pave the way for an expansion of the existing partnership to also include the supply of the gearbox and hydraulic systems.
"Our new agreement with Mercedes-Benz for the coming years is the most significant in the history of Sahara Force India," Dr Vijay Mallya, Team Principal and Managing Director of Sahara Force India, said.
"With new powertrain regulations being introduced next year, I can`t think of a better partner to work with as Formula One enters a new and exciting era. The agreement gives us the long-term stability we require and will enable us to continue our journey towards the front of the Formula One grid," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged