Force India`s `fighter` Di Resta eyeing Britain`s No.1 spot like Murray
London: Force India driver Paul di Resta has said that he plans to continue on his successful momentum during this season`s race and copy fellow countryman Andy Murray`s success by becoming Britain`s No1 Formula One driver.
The Scot, who is looking to finish Sunday`s British Grand Prix ahead of the likes of Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button , is enjoying his best season in F1 having posted six top-10 finishes.
Di Resta would love to end the year by earning a move to a big team, such as the role Mark Webber will vacate at Red Bull come the end of the season.
Insisting that he would not be resting on his laurels, Di Resta said that he wants to build his reputation in F1 and do whatever he can to sustain a successful seat and give him years of glory, adding that achieving success in this weekend at Britain is the key to be the No. 1 in the sport.
According to the Force India star, he hopes to have a podium finish, which he has been missing till now during this season, adding that he and his side is fortunate that they have been having a good run this season especially after the difficult end to last season.
Striving to achieve the successes reached by Hamilton and Button, Di Resta also said that he has vast respect for the two world champions and their collective achievements, adding that he believed that he could be in the front like them as he is also a fighter like them.
Di Resta further said that although he was unable to challenge the duo last year, he hoped to make an impact on them this year, adding that a win would be icing on the cake.
Stating that he has a good management team behind him, the Scot also said that they have so far allowed him to carry on doing the job that he has been doing so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter