Force India`s Hulkenberg brings home 4 points
Silverstone: Force India driver Nico Hulkenberg finished eighth, despite starting fourth, to bring home four points in a tough Formula 1 British Grand Prix here Sunday.
His Mexican teammate Sergio Perez failed to score any points as he ended the race in 11th place after recovering from being tapped in a spin on the opening lap.
"It was quite a tricky afternoon. My start was not great, I lost a couple of places and after that we didn`t seem to have the pace to fight for big points. I was struggling with the balance, which may have been related to the wind because it was very gusty out there," said Hulkenberg, who is seventh in the drivers` standings with 63 points.
"I had some good battles, especially in the early laps, but we were just missing the performance to really fight today. It`s good to score points but starting fourth we were hoping for more. We now need to regroup and come back stronger for my home race in Germany."
Perez, who is 11th in the drivers` standings with 28 points, said he struggled throughout the race after contact with Toro Rosso`s Jean-Eric Vergne early on.
"We can`t really judge what our real pace was because the contact with Vergne at the start compromised our race. We dropped down to last and from down there it was very difficult to salvage something. I struggled with the prime tyre early in the race which would have been the best time to make up ground I had lost," said Perez, who started seventh.
"It was a real disappointment after the good qualifying position we had yesterday and I feel that we deserved some points from this weekend. We need to focus on the next race in Germany and I believe Hockenheim will be more suited to our car."
Force India are fifth in the constructors` standings with 91 points.
The race was won by 2008 World Champion Lewis Hamilton in his Mercedes from Williams` Valtteri Bottas and Red Bull`s Daniel Ricciardo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of IS video proving the authenticity of Batla House encounter
- DNA: Analysis of how adulterated food is putting people's lives at risk
- DNA: How Potassium Bromate and Potassium Iodate in breads can cause cancer
- Ministry instilled confidence among minorities: Najma Heptulla
- Two-third people happy with Modi government: Survey
- CBI raids Visva Bharati varsity, officers' residences
- Substantial decline in riots and communal incidents: Naqvi
- Meghalaya Board SSLC Results 2016: megresults.nic.in, www.mbose.in; Tura Result 2016, MBOSE Class 10 Examination Result 2016 to be declared today at 10 am