Force India`s Hulkenberg brings home 4 points
Silverstone: Force India driver Nico Hulkenberg finished eighth, despite starting fourth, to bring home four points in a tough Formula 1 British Grand Prix here Sunday.
His Mexican teammate Sergio Perez failed to score any points as he ended the race in 11th place after recovering from being tapped in a spin on the opening lap.
"It was quite a tricky afternoon. My start was not great, I lost a couple of places and after that we didn`t seem to have the pace to fight for big points. I was struggling with the balance, which may have been related to the wind because it was very gusty out there," said Hulkenberg, who is seventh in the drivers` standings with 63 points.
"I had some good battles, especially in the early laps, but we were just missing the performance to really fight today. It`s good to score points but starting fourth we were hoping for more. We now need to regroup and come back stronger for my home race in Germany."
Perez, who is 11th in the drivers` standings with 28 points, said he struggled throughout the race after contact with Toro Rosso`s Jean-Eric Vergne early on.
"We can`t really judge what our real pace was because the contact with Vergne at the start compromised our race. We dropped down to last and from down there it was very difficult to salvage something. I struggled with the prime tyre early in the race which would have been the best time to make up ground I had lost," said Perez, who started seventh.
"It was a real disappointment after the good qualifying position we had yesterday and I feel that we deserved some points from this weekend. We need to focus on the next race in Germany and I believe Hockenheim will be more suited to our car."
Force India are fifth in the constructors` standings with 91 points.
The race was won by 2008 World Champion Lewis Hamilton in his Mercedes from Williams` Valtteri Bottas and Red Bull`s Daniel Ricciardo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly