Force India`s Hulkenberg brings home 4 points
Silverstone: Force India driver Nico Hulkenberg finished eighth, despite starting fourth, to bring home four points in a tough Formula 1 British Grand Prix here Sunday.
His Mexican teammate Sergio Perez failed to score any points as he ended the race in 11th place after recovering from being tapped in a spin on the opening lap.
"It was quite a tricky afternoon. My start was not great, I lost a couple of places and after that we didn`t seem to have the pace to fight for big points. I was struggling with the balance, which may have been related to the wind because it was very gusty out there," said Hulkenberg, who is seventh in the drivers` standings with 63 points.
"I had some good battles, especially in the early laps, but we were just missing the performance to really fight today. It`s good to score points but starting fourth we were hoping for more. We now need to regroup and come back stronger for my home race in Germany."
Perez, who is 11th in the drivers` standings with 28 points, said he struggled throughout the race after contact with Toro Rosso`s Jean-Eric Vergne early on.
"We can`t really judge what our real pace was because the contact with Vergne at the start compromised our race. We dropped down to last and from down there it was very difficult to salvage something. I struggled with the prime tyre early in the race which would have been the best time to make up ground I had lost," said Perez, who started seventh.
"It was a real disappointment after the good qualifying position we had yesterday and I feel that we deserved some points from this weekend. We need to focus on the next race in Germany and I believe Hockenheim will be more suited to our car."
Force India are fifth in the constructors` standings with 91 points.
The race was won by 2008 World Champion Lewis Hamilton in his Mercedes from Williams` Valtteri Bottas and Red Bull`s Daniel Ricciardo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read