Force India`s Paul di Resta finishes 8th in Chinese GP
Shanghai: British Formula 1 driver Paul di Resta brought his Force India back home in eighth place in the Chinese Grand Prix here at the Shanghai International Circuit on Sunday.
Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso won the race from Lotus`s Kimi Raikkonen and Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes who finished second and third, respectively.
Di Resta, who started in 11th, bagged four points from his finish and is 10th with eight points in the drivers` standings. However, teammate Adrian Sutil suffered an accident when Sauber rookie Esteban Gutierrez crashed into the back of the Force India driver on the back straight on Lap 4, damaging the rear wing of Sutil.
Sutil pitted and immediately retired. He now lies 12th with six points in the standings. Force India dropped a place to sixth with 14 points in the constructors`s standings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed