Force India`s Paul di Resta finishes 8th in Chinese GP
Shanghai: British Formula 1 driver Paul di Resta brought his Force India back home in eighth place in the Chinese Grand Prix here at the Shanghai International Circuit on Sunday.
Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso won the race from Lotus`s Kimi Raikkonen and Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes who finished second and third, respectively.
Di Resta, who started in 11th, bagged four points from his finish and is 10th with eight points in the drivers` standings. However, teammate Adrian Sutil suffered an accident when Sauber rookie Esteban Gutierrez crashed into the back of the Force India driver on the back straight on Lap 4, damaging the rear wing of Sutil.
Sutil pitted and immediately retired. He now lies 12th with six points in the standings. Force India dropped a place to sixth with 14 points in the constructors`s standings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Suicide bombings in Baghdad: Over 20 killed, 50 injured in series of attacks
- Know why PM Narendra Modi is asking for your support for particular task - WATCH
- Nepali Congress halts House over ''budget leak''
- Here's what Yuvraj Singh said after his long wait for IPL trophy ended
- Meet 'Haryana ki Sherni' Anushka Sharma from 'Sultan'! See LATEST pic