Force India`s Paul di Resta finishes 8th in Chinese GP
Shanghai: British Formula 1 driver Paul di Resta brought his Force India back home in eighth place in the Chinese Grand Prix here at the Shanghai International Circuit on Sunday.
Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso won the race from Lotus`s Kimi Raikkonen and Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes who finished second and third, respectively.
Di Resta, who started in 11th, bagged four points from his finish and is 10th with eight points in the drivers` standings. However, teammate Adrian Sutil suffered an accident when Sauber rookie Esteban Gutierrez crashed into the back of the Force India driver on the back straight on Lap 4, damaging the rear wing of Sutil.
Sutil pitted and immediately retired. He now lies 12th with six points in the standings. Force India dropped a place to sixth with 14 points in the constructors`s standings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!