Force India`s Paul di Resta finishes 8th in Chinese GP
Shanghai: British Formula 1 driver Paul di Resta brought his Force India back home in eighth place in the Chinese Grand Prix here at the Shanghai International Circuit on Sunday.
Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso won the race from Lotus`s Kimi Raikkonen and Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes who finished second and third, respectively.
Di Resta, who started in 11th, bagged four points from his finish and is 10th with eight points in the drivers` standings. However, teammate Adrian Sutil suffered an accident when Sauber rookie Esteban Gutierrez crashed into the back of the Force India driver on the back straight on Lap 4, damaging the rear wing of Sutil.
Sutil pitted and immediately retired. He now lies 12th with six points in the standings. Force India dropped a place to sixth with 14 points in the constructors`s standings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’