Force India`s Rossiter to drive in British GP practice session
Silverstone (England):Force India’s simulator driver James Rossiter will make his Formula 1 weekend debut in the morning practice session here Friday, ahead of Sunday`s British Grand Prix.
The 29-year-old Briton will drive Adrian Sutil’s car to gain more experience of the VJM06 to help ensure the team’s simulator remains as close to the real car as possible. The time in the car will allow Rossiter to give greater feedback in simulator running. The scheduled run is dependent on dry track conditions to ensure the team can gain meaningful feedback.
“This is an amazing opportunity and I’m really looking forward to taking part in an official practice session during a Grand Prix weekend. The fact that Silverstone is my home race makes the news even sweeter," said Rossiter Thursday.
"The main reason for driving the car is to help progress the team’s simulator programme, which I’ve been working on for almost a year. I drove the car during winter testing in February but it’s valuable to have another opportunity to experience the real car and make sure it’s in harmony with the simulator.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon