Force India`s Sutil still at loggerheads with Hamilton
London: Force India driver Adrian Sutil has said that he has not repaired his relationship with former best friend Lewis Hamilton, adding that their rivalry may extend to the Formula One race track.
The German driver had branded his former best pal Hamilton a coward, after the Mercedes racer failed to testify for Sutil during a court case against him for physically assaulting Renault executive Eric Lux during a party celebrating Hamilton’s victory at the Chinese Grand Prix in 2011, the Sun reports.
Sutil, who has been confirmed as Force India’s driver for this season, said that he has no relationship with Hamilton at the moment, although he added that he may give his answer to the Mercedes driver when he meets him on the track.
However, Hamilton said that he had tried to contact Sutil and had emailed him a couple of times but did not get any answer from his former best friend.
Adding that he had congratulated Sutil on getting a place in Force India in his emails, Hamilton hoped that he may get the chance to talk things over and clear the air with Sutil at some point. Sutil thanked Sahara Force India for giving him a second chance to drive for their team and added that he is delighted to be back in the team which is so familiar to him.
Sutil, who was given an 18-month suspended sentence and fined 170,000 pounds for the assault case, has previously driven for the Silverstone-based Force India in their various guises from 2007 until 2011, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog