Force India should approach me: Sutil
Bangkok: Adrian Sutil says he is not desperate for a drive with Sahara Force India and if the team needs him they should approach him with an offer.
Force India is looking for Paul di Resta`s teamate after Nico Hulkenberg left for Sauber.
Sutil was part of the team sine its early days but was replaced by Hulkenberg at the start of 2012.
"In five years I was in this team, they know how good I am and they know my qualities. I am not the one going to this team saying, `please, please give me the drive`. They should come to me and say, `we want you.` I want to drive for this team but they should also want me as a driver. I am quite relaxed," the German was quoted as saying by Autosport.
"I know how to handle the situation. I did the maximum I could do and now it is up to them to decide if I am in the seat or not," he said.
Several drivers including team`s reserve driver Jules Bianchi, Kamui Kobayashi, Sebastien Buemi and Jaime Alguersuari are in contention for the Force India seat.
Sutil also said that his one-year break from the sport will actually help him in the new season.
"It was a different year. I really enjoyed the year, it was one of the best ever, as I had time for different things in life. I am definitely more settled in my life right now and ready for a new beginning in F1," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves