Force India should approach me: Sutil
Bangkok: Adrian Sutil says he is not desperate for a drive with Sahara Force India and if the team needs him they should approach him with an offer.
Force India is looking for Paul di Resta`s teamate after Nico Hulkenberg left for Sauber.
Sutil was part of the team sine its early days but was replaced by Hulkenberg at the start of 2012.
"In five years I was in this team, they know how good I am and they know my qualities. I am not the one going to this team saying, `please, please give me the drive`. They should come to me and say, `we want you.` I want to drive for this team but they should also want me as a driver. I am quite relaxed," the German was quoted as saying by Autosport.
"I know how to handle the situation. I did the maximum I could do and now it is up to them to decide if I am in the seat or not," he said.
Several drivers including team`s reserve driver Jules Bianchi, Kamui Kobayashi, Sebastien Buemi and Jaime Alguersuari are in contention for the Force India seat.
Sutil also said that his one-year break from the sport will actually help him in the new season.
"It was a different year. I really enjoyed the year, it was one of the best ever, as I had time for different things in life. I am definitely more settled in my life right now and ready for a new beginning in F1," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'