Force India should approach me: Sutil
Bangkok: Adrian Sutil says he is not desperate for a drive with Sahara Force India and if the team needs him they should approach him with an offer.
Force India is looking for Paul di Resta`s teamate after Nico Hulkenberg left for Sauber.
Sutil was part of the team sine its early days but was replaced by Hulkenberg at the start of 2012.
"In five years I was in this team, they know how good I am and they know my qualities. I am not the one going to this team saying, `please, please give me the drive`. They should come to me and say, `we want you.` I want to drive for this team but they should also want me as a driver. I am quite relaxed," the German was quoted as saying by Autosport.
"I know how to handle the situation. I did the maximum I could do and now it is up to them to decide if I am in the seat or not," he said.
Several drivers including team`s reserve driver Jules Bianchi, Kamui Kobayashi, Sebastien Buemi and Jaime Alguersuari are in contention for the Force India seat.
Sutil also said that his one-year break from the sport will actually help him in the new season.
"It was a different year. I really enjoyed the year, it was one of the best ever, as I had time for different things in life. I am definitely more settled in my life right now and ready for a new beginning in F1," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren