Force India signs new reserve driver
Monza: Putting to rest all speculation, Sahara Force India on Monday signed British GP 2 racer James Colado as team`s reserve driver for the remainder of the 2013 season.
The 24-year-old had participated in the young drivers` test for the Indian Formula One outfit in July.
Colado will begin his stint at this weekend`s Italian Grand Prix here and he will get behind the VJM06 on Friday for the first free practice session.
Team Principal Vijay Mallya confirmed his signing.
"I`m pleased to confirm that we`ve signed James as our third driver. We worked with him during the Silverstone test and he impressed everyone with his speed and consistency," Mallya said.
Colado thus joins Adrian Sutil and Paul di Resta in the team.
"We`ve always tried to support young drivers and this is a great opportunity for James to gain some valuable experience of driving during Formula One race events."
Mallya said Colado will get chances in other races as well.
"James will take part in the opening free practice session on Friday. He will also run in practice at several other races this year. It`s always useful to get another driver`s feedback on the car and it will help us evaluate James," he said.
In the past, Nico Hulkenberg and Di Resta were promoted from test drivers to racing seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- 14 athletes in 2008 Beijing Games positive in new drug tests: Russian Olympic Committee
- Afghan Taliban confirm death of chief Mullah Mansour, appoint new leader
- Angry African diplomats seek answers from Indian govt over attacks and harassment
- 7th pay commission: Secretaries group to submit report on revised pay structures by June end
- Jose Mourinho: Former Chelsea boss is all set to become Mancheser United's new manager