Force India signs new reserve driver
Monza: Putting to rest all speculation, Sahara Force India on Monday signed British GP 2 racer James Colado as team`s reserve driver for the remainder of the 2013 season.
The 24-year-old had participated in the young drivers` test for the Indian Formula One outfit in July.
Colado will begin his stint at this weekend`s Italian Grand Prix here and he will get behind the VJM06 on Friday for the first free practice session.
Team Principal Vijay Mallya confirmed his signing.
"I`m pleased to confirm that we`ve signed James as our third driver. We worked with him during the Silverstone test and he impressed everyone with his speed and consistency," Mallya said.
Colado thus joins Adrian Sutil and Paul di Resta in the team.
"We`ve always tried to support young drivers and this is a great opportunity for James to gain some valuable experience of driving during Formula One race events."
Mallya said Colado will get chances in other races as well.
"James will take part in the opening free practice session on Friday. He will also run in practice at several other races this year. It`s always useful to get another driver`s feedback on the car and it will help us evaluate James," he said.
In the past, Nico Hulkenberg and Di Resta were promoted from test drivers to racing seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA