Manama: A Force India team vehicle was briefly delayed by a firebomb on its way to the hotel from the Bahrain Grand Prix circuit. No one in the vehicle was injured.
Force India spokesman Will Hings says "nobody was hurt from our team. We were not targeted directly by Molotov cocktails."
Hings says the incident Wednesday night involved a Force India van carrying four team members, but no Formula One drivers.
Demonstrators in Bahrain have increasingly used firebombs against security forces during the near daily clashes.
The Bahrain GP was canceled last year due to anti-government protests that have left nearly 50 dead. But last week, Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone declared the Gulf kingdom safe and decided to go ahead with this year`s race.