Force India team car delayed by firebomb in Manama
Manama: A Force India team vehicle was briefly delayed by a firebomb on its way to the hotel from the Bahrain Grand Prix circuit. No one in the vehicle was injured.
Force India spokesman Will Hings says "nobody was hurt from our team. We were not targeted directly by Molotov cocktails."
Hings says the incident Wednesday night involved a Force India van carrying four team members, but no Formula One drivers.
Demonstrators in Bahrain have increasingly used firebombs against security forces during the near daily clashes.
The Bahrain GP was canceled last year due to anti-government protests that have left nearly 50 dead. But last week, Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone declared the Gulf kingdom safe and decided to go ahead with this year`s race.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016