Force India ties up with GP2 team Hilmer Motorsport
Silverstone: Sahara Force India on Friday expanded its driver development programme by teaming up with GP2 team Hilmer Motorsport.
Daniel Abt and Facu Regalia will race on the GP2 grid in the Sahara Force India colours in the Hilmer Motorsport car.
Hilmer Motorsport had finished sixth in the 2013 season from among 13 teams. Daniel Abt was 22nd in the drivers` list.
The 2014 season will kick of with round 1 and 2 races from April 4 to 6 at Sakhir International Circuit, Bahrain.
Vijay Mallya, Team Principal of Sahara Force India, said,"Our presence in GP2 moves us closer to having a holistic development programme to school drivers from grassroots karting to the higher echelons of professional motorsport."
Franz Hilmer, Team Principal of Hilmer Motorsport said, "I`ve had an association with Sahara Force India for ten years and we are looking forward to working together on a sporting level going forward. With Facu Regalia and Daniel Abt we have two very talented young drivers with the potential to progress to Formula One."
Regalia said it is "incredible news" for him to be a GP2 driver with Hilmer Motorsport and Sahara Force India?s driver development programme.
"I appreciate the belief Franz Hilmer showed in my performances last year and the opportunity to race with him in 2014. I am also very proud to be associated with Sahara Force India and will make the most of the opportunities it presents. The chance to drive a Formula One car at the end of the season is also a huge motivation. My focus is to work as hard as I can to make sure we are fighting at the front of the field and getting the best results possible."
Daniel was also delighted to get the opportunity.
"I am determined to have a successful year with Hilmer Motorsport in the GP2 Series and I?m sure that we have the right package to achieve our ambitious goals."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Rs 100 crore mark still too far for Shah Rukh Khan's 'Fan'?
- Forest fires rage in Uttarakhand; three NDRF teams deployed
- Raids at Andhra Pradesh transport official's premises reveal assets worth Rs 800 crores
- VIDEO: Have you ever seen this side of Rohit Sharma's personality? We bet not!
- Unbelievable offer! Samsung selling smartphones for Rs 1