Force India unveil new look for 2014
Paris: Force India on Wednesday became the first Formula One team to reveal their new car for the 2014 season.
Or at least a partial glimpse, as the team backed by Vijay Mallya released a single photograph of the VJM07 on their official website.
The new car, which will be driven by Mexico`s Sergio Perez, dropped by McLaren after one season, and Nico Hulkenberg, is kitted out in traditional Indian colours of saffron, white and green on a black background.
"I`ve always believed our cars have been the most eye-catching, but adding black as a main colour gives us a fierce new look," said Mallya.
"The VJM07 looks stunning and the new livery reflects the way Sahara Force India is evolving," added the boss of the Kingfisher brewery.
Force India, along with their rival teams (apart from Lotus), will start testing at Spain`s Jerez circuit next week.
Further internet glimpses of 2014 models are expected from McLaren, Ferrari and Sauber over the coming weekend.
Red Bull, Mercedes and Caterham are waiting until the start of testing on Tuesday to roll out their new models.
Force India finished sixth in the constructors` championship in 2013 and the British-based team have their sights on bettering that performance this campaign.
Mallya told the BBC: "We`ve got to aim higher than last year. It`s an ambitious goal, but I believe it`s a realistic one because we have to look forward and take the fight to the teams ahead of us.
"We have the key elements in place to continue moving forward."
The 2014 season, which ushers in a sweeping set of rule changes, begins with the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne on March 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez