Force India unveil new look for 2014
Paris: Force India on Wednesday became the first Formula One team to reveal their new car for the 2014 season.
Or at least a partial glimpse, as the team backed by Vijay Mallya released a single photograph of the VJM07 on their official website.
The new car, which will be driven by Mexico`s Sergio Perez, dropped by McLaren after one season, and Nico Hulkenberg, is kitted out in traditional Indian colours of saffron, white and green on a black background.
"I`ve always believed our cars have been the most eye-catching, but adding black as a main colour gives us a fierce new look," said Mallya.
"The VJM07 looks stunning and the new livery reflects the way Sahara Force India is evolving," added the boss of the Kingfisher brewery.
Force India, along with their rival teams (apart from Lotus), will start testing at Spain`s Jerez circuit next week.
Further internet glimpses of 2014 models are expected from McLaren, Ferrari and Sauber over the coming weekend.
Red Bull, Mercedes and Caterham are waiting until the start of testing on Tuesday to roll out their new models.
Force India finished sixth in the constructors` championship in 2013 and the British-based team have their sights on bettering that performance this campaign.
Mallya told the BBC: "We`ve got to aim higher than last year. It`s an ambitious goal, but I believe it`s a realistic one because we have to look forward and take the fight to the teams ahead of us.
"We have the key elements in place to continue moving forward."
The 2014 season, which ushers in a sweeping set of rule changes, begins with the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne on March 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional