Force India's Paul di Resta finishes fourth in Bahrain GP
Sakhir: British Formula 1 driver Paul di Resta of Force India missed the podium by 2.2 seconds as he finished fourth in the Bahrain Grand Prix at the Bahrain International Circuit here on Sunday.
Triple World Champion Sebastian Vettel won the 57-lap race in one hour and 40 minutes from Lotus drivers Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean, who clinched the last two podium places, respectively.
Di Resta, who started the race in fifth place, was not just in contention for the podium but also led the race for a few laps. However, he could not hold on to the Lotus` onslaught and settled for fourth, equalling his best ever finish, bringing home 12 points.
The last time he finished fourth was at the 2012 Singapore Grand Prix.
Teammate Adrian Sutil, who started sixth, finished 15th after an having a minor accident with Felipe Massa`s Ferrari in the opening lap of the race. The German could not recuperate and had to settle for a non-points finish.
After the race, Di Resta and Sutil are eighth and 12th in the drivers` standings with 20 and six points, respectively. While in the constructors` standings, Force India are fifth with 26 points ahead of heavyweights McLaren.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in