Ford to quit World Rally Championship
Berlin: The World Rally Championship (WRC) will miss Ford next season after the American constructor announced it was quitting due to economic reasons.
"It`s better for the company and the Ford marque to pull out of the World Rally Championship," Ford Europe`s vice president Roelant de Waard wrote on Facebook Monday, reports Xinhua.
According to de Waard, the decision was made on economic reasons with Ford sales in Europe down by 19 percent in this year`s first set of figures.
Ford, whose Finnish driver Jari-Matti Latvala is placed third in this season`s standings, will however continue to supply M-Sport organisation, its partner in the championship, with cars and engines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gurgaon police launch operation "Romeo Returns", catch 50 men
- Hafiz Saeed threatens to separate Mumbai from India
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- Gold rebounds on jewellers' buying, silver jumps Rs 280/kg
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni advances to main draw
- Subramaian Swamy targets GST Network again; will write to Amit Shah, BJP CMs
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: As it happened...
- Pak provokes India again, PM Nawaz Sharif to send MPs abroad to highlight Kashmir issue