Ford to quit World Rally Championship
Berlin: The World Rally Championship (WRC) will miss Ford next season after the American constructor announced it was quitting due to economic reasons.
"It`s better for the company and the Ford marque to pull out of the World Rally Championship," Ford Europe`s vice president Roelant de Waard wrote on Facebook Monday, reports Xinhua.
According to de Waard, the decision was made on economic reasons with Ford sales in Europe down by 19 percent in this year`s first set of figures.
Ford, whose Finnish driver Jari-Matti Latvala is placed third in this season`s standings, will however continue to supply M-Sport organisation, its partner in the championship, with cars and engines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!