Ford to quit World Rally Championship
Berlin: The World Rally Championship (WRC) will miss Ford next season after the American constructor announced it was quitting due to economic reasons.
"It`s better for the company and the Ford marque to pull out of the World Rally Championship," Ford Europe`s vice president Roelant de Waard wrote on Facebook Monday, reports Xinhua.
According to de Waard, the decision was made on economic reasons with Ford sales in Europe down by 19 percent in this year`s first set of figures.
Ford, whose Finnish driver Jari-Matti Latvala is placed third in this season`s standings, will however continue to supply M-Sport organisation, its partner in the championship, with cars and engines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak