Formula 1: Hamilton out of Italian Grand Prix
Monza: Lewis Hamilton`s bid to reclaim his Formula One title was dealt a severe blow in Monza on Sunday when he was a first lap casualty in the Italian Grand Prix.
The McLaren driver and 2008 champion, leading the 2010 standings by three points from Red Bull`s Mark Webber, slithered off after his car nudged Felipe Massa`s Ferrari when in fourth place at the Della Roggia chicane.
Massa`s teammate, Fernando Alonso, started from pole but was beaten to the first corner by defending champion Jenson Button who got off to a lightning start from beside the Spaniard on the front row.
On lap two Button was leading the two Ferraris with Nico Rosberg lying fourth for Mercedes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar
- Searching for weekend get aways in South? Give it a look
- HORRIFIC: Woman gang-raped, attacked with acid before being dumped on road in Kanpur
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir's Anantnag after 49 days, remains in force in other parts
- PM Modi, Amit Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states