Formula 1: Hamilton out of Italian Grand Prix
Monza: Lewis Hamilton`s bid to reclaim his Formula One title was dealt a severe blow in Monza on Sunday when he was a first lap casualty in the Italian Grand Prix.
The McLaren driver and 2008 champion, leading the 2010 standings by three points from Red Bull`s Mark Webber, slithered off after his car nudged Felipe Massa`s Ferrari when in fourth place at the Della Roggia chicane.
Massa`s teammate, Fernando Alonso, started from pole but was beaten to the first corner by defending champion Jenson Button who got off to a lightning start from beside the Spaniard on the front row.
On lap two Button was leading the two Ferraris with Nico Rosberg lying fourth for Mercedes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study
- Nico Hulkenberg brings one point for Force India from Hungry
- AFI asks IAAF for Olympics wild card for javelin prodigy Neeraj Chopra