Formula E car to make public debut in Las Vegas
Las Vegas: FIA Formula E Championship organisers on Friday revealed that the first ever public demonstration of the new Spark-Renault SRT_01E car will take place in Las Vegas Jan 6.
The fully-electric race car completed its successful test debut earlier this year and will now be showcased to invited guests, media and the public during a special event at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino - driven by former F1 driver Lucas di Grassi.
The new Formula E car is capable of speeds in excess of 240kmph and has been designed and built by Spark Racing Technologies, together with a consortium of the leading names in motorsport including Dallara (chassis), Williams (battery design), McLaren (powertrain and electronics), Renault (system integration) and Michelin (tyres).
Series CEO Alejandro Agag said: “It’s going to be a fantastic spectacle and a great way for us to start the New Year in a very positive way. (The year) 2014 is, of course, a very big year for Formula E with the championship starting in Beijing in September. Before then we want to showcase this amazing fully-electric car to as many people as possible so they can see, and hear, what to look forward to.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Scorpio with 'Intelli-Hybrid' tech launched at Rs 9.74 lakh
- Most Germans fear terrorist attack after train axe assault: Poll
- My son didn't do anything wrong: Dayashankar Singh's mother
- Olympics 2016: Usain Bolt gunning for Russian ban at Rio; says move will scare drug cheats
- Video row: Speaker Mahajan hints at action even as Bhagwant Mann apologies