Formula E car to make public debut in Las Vegas
Las Vegas: FIA Formula E Championship organisers on Friday revealed that the first ever public demonstration of the new Spark-Renault SRT_01E car will take place in Las Vegas Jan 6.
The fully-electric race car completed its successful test debut earlier this year and will now be showcased to invited guests, media and the public during a special event at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino - driven by former F1 driver Lucas di Grassi.
The new Formula E car is capable of speeds in excess of 240kmph and has been designed and built by Spark Racing Technologies, together with a consortium of the leading names in motorsport including Dallara (chassis), Williams (battery design), McLaren (powertrain and electronics), Renault (system integration) and Michelin (tyres).
Series CEO Alejandro Agag said: “It’s going to be a fantastic spectacle and a great way for us to start the New Year in a very positive way. (The year) 2014 is, of course, a very big year for Formula E with the championship starting in Beijing in September. Before then we want to showcase this amazing fully-electric car to as many people as possible so they can see, and hear, what to look forward to.”
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India