Formula One Grand Prix in Greater Noida on Oct 25
Lucknow: The Formula One motor race would be held at the Buddha International Circuit in Greater Noida between Oct 25-27, officials said Wednesday.
The state government cleared the proposal of the JP Sports International Limited late Tuesday.
The state industrial development department held a meeting to decided and discuss the preparations of the world class sports event and after scrutiny gave a green signal for the sports event, Alok Ranjan, industrial and infrastructural development commissioner (IIDC), said.
He added that instructions had been passed on to the district administration in Noida, the home department, the Noida, Greater Noida and Yamuna Expressway authorities to ensure that the event is a grand success.
Keeping in mind, the presence of international and film celebrities for the event, the home department has divided the Formula One racing event into four `security zones` - track area, spectator area, paddock and the outer peripheral rings, an official said.
The organisers expect more than 65,000 people to enjoy the racing event and have made arrangements for the sale of 65,514 seats. The state government has asked the authorities concerned to arrange for a vehicle parking space for 25,000 cars and has asked for making of a 15-km long `entry ramp` on the Yamuna Expressway by Oct 15.
To ensure smooth transport for the spectators from the parking area to the circuit, 19,439 cars and 2,000 two-wheelers will be stationed at the parking lot, an official said.
Also 100 buses would be available at the Noida City Center metro railway station.
An official revealed that they are separately arranging for radio cabs, pick-up and drop buses at major city malls and shuttle buses on the outer circuit as well.
Formula One Grand Prix was first held in India at the Buddh International circuit in Greater Noida Oct 30, 2011.
The 5.14 km long circuit has been designed by world-renowned German architect and racetrack designer, Hermann Tilke, who has also designed other race circuits in Malaysia, Bahrain, China, Turkey, the UAE, South Korea and the US and was seen as a big achievement of then UP chief minister Mayawati.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation