Formula One Grand Prix in Greater Noida on Oct 25
Lucknow: The Formula One motor race would be held at the Buddha International Circuit in Greater Noida between Oct 25-27, officials said Wednesday.
The state government cleared the proposal of the JP Sports International Limited late Tuesday.
The state industrial development department held a meeting to decided and discuss the preparations of the world class sports event and after scrutiny gave a green signal for the sports event, Alok Ranjan, industrial and infrastructural development commissioner (IIDC), said.
He added that instructions had been passed on to the district administration in Noida, the home department, the Noida, Greater Noida and Yamuna Expressway authorities to ensure that the event is a grand success.
Keeping in mind, the presence of international and film celebrities for the event, the home department has divided the Formula One racing event into four `security zones` - track area, spectator area, paddock and the outer peripheral rings, an official said.
The organisers expect more than 65,000 people to enjoy the racing event and have made arrangements for the sale of 65,514 seats. The state government has asked the authorities concerned to arrange for a vehicle parking space for 25,000 cars and has asked for making of a 15-km long `entry ramp` on the Yamuna Expressway by Oct 15.
To ensure smooth transport for the spectators from the parking area to the circuit, 19,439 cars and 2,000 two-wheelers will be stationed at the parking lot, an official said.
Also 100 buses would be available at the Noida City Center metro railway station.
An official revealed that they are separately arranging for radio cabs, pick-up and drop buses at major city malls and shuttle buses on the outer circuit as well.
Formula One Grand Prix was first held in India at the Buddh International circuit in Greater Noida Oct 30, 2011.
The 5.14 km long circuit has been designed by world-renowned German architect and racetrack designer, Hermann Tilke, who has also designed other race circuits in Malaysia, Bahrain, China, Turkey, the UAE, South Korea and the US and was seen as a big achievement of then UP chief minister Mayawati.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security