Gagan Narang to flag off Indian Grand Prix
Greater Noida: London Olympics bronze medal winning shooter Gagan Narang will flag off the second Formula One Indian Grand Prix here Sunday.
Narang, who clinched a bronze in the 10m air rifle event, confirmed his attendance last night.
"Sports Minister Ajay Maken was our first choice to flag off the race but we were not aware of today`s cabinet reshuffle," said an official of the Jaypee Group, the organisers of the event.
Earlier, there was speculation that actor Hrithik Roshan had been finalised to flag off the race at the Buddh International Circuit here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?