Gagan Narang to flag off Indian Grand Prix
Greater Noida: London Olympics bronze medal winning shooter Gagan Narang will flag off the second Formula One Indian Grand Prix here Sunday.
Narang, who clinched a bronze in the 10m air rifle event, confirmed his attendance last night.
"Sports Minister Ajay Maken was our first choice to flag off the race but we were not aware of today`s cabinet reshuffle," said an official of the Jaypee Group, the organisers of the event.
Earlier, there was speculation that actor Hrithik Roshan had been finalised to flag off the race at the Buddh International Circuit here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- French PM `relieved` Austrian ecologist beat far-right presidential rival
- We will see how Trinamool MPs return from Delhi: Bengal BJP chief
- Take inspiration from Shilpa Shetty if you wish to lose that post-pregnancy weight!
- Benjam Netanyahu rejects French peace initiative, offers to meet Mahmoud Abbas
- Watch: This self-healing insulator can fix the cracks in all your e-wearables!