Gaurav Gill tops among Asian Rally drivers
Chennai: India`s Gaurav Gill occupies the top spot among Asian drivers in the latest World Rally rankings announced this week.
The 29-year old Delhi-based Gill earned 896 points from his three podium finishes in the 2011 Asia Pacific Rally Championship (APRC) where he represented Team MRF.
Gill won the Rally of Caledonia and finished second in Australian and Malaysian rounds of the APRC this year.
Behind Gill were China`s Fan Fan (740 points) in second place and Udhaya Muhammad Rafiq of Malaysia (672).
The rankings are based on the results obtained by each individual rally driver in the international events entered in the FIA sporting calendar.
The World rankings were instituted last year in a bid to rank the drivers World-wide and also region-wise. In all, 1,592 drivers and co-drivers are eligible for ranking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III