Grand double for Bolisetti
Chennai: Sailesh Bolisetti won a double in the Super Saloon Category and the first race of the Volkswagen Polo cup to remain championship leader in both sections in the fourth round of 13th JK Tyre National Road Racing Championship here on Sunday.
The second race in the Formula Rolon category, on Sunday saw
only six of the 12 cars finish the event.
Championship leader Saran Vikram of Mars Racing won the first race and came sixth in the second to aggregate 33 points followed by Delhi’s Sarosh Hataria of Meco Racing, who won the second and is in second spot on points with 29.
Up and coming Vishnu Prasad of Chennai also tallied 29 points to be placed third behind Sarosh Hataria, who has two wins to his credit.
In the Super Saloon class, Bolisetti has totalled 68 points to remain clearly on course for the Championship Title and is the leader in the Volkswagen Polo Cup section too.
TVS Girling again hogged the limelight in the Formula Swift Class second race. But Wallace sports Ajay Kini continues to hold onto his Championship leader status,having secured second and third spot finishes in both races in the fourth race that ended here on Sunday.
TVS Girling’s Ameya Walavalkar did not face any problem like on Saturday, when he had to return to the pits at the end of the third lap due to a mechanical failure. Starting sixth on the grid,he forged ahead midway through the 10 lap race and never looked back, winning way ahead of his competitors.
With two more rounds to go,Ajay Kini is sitting pretty with 61 points, a 17 point lead over team mate Gautham Parekh (44 pts). Ameya Walavalkar (43 pts) is in third spot.
In Super Saloons Championship points table,Siddharth Kishore of Performance Racing,who did not finish the second race on Sunday
remains the runner up to Bolisetti with 45 points followed by Coimbatore’s Vidya Prakash of Prime Racing with 31.
In the Polo Cup, Sailesh Bolisetti won the first race and Kholapur’s Parth Ghorpade finished first in the second race.
However, Bolisetti with a win and a second place enhanced his chances of claiming the Championship Title too in this class.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Have your tried this colour-changing cake? Watch here!
- 14 athletes in 2008 Beijing Games positive in new drug tests: Russian Olympic Committee
- Afghan Taliban confirm death of chief Mullah Mansour, appoint new leader
- Angry African diplomats seek answers from Indian govt over attacks and harassment
- 7th pay commission: Secretaries group to submit report on revised pay structures by June end