Grosjean quickest in final Hungary practice
Budapest: Romain Grosjean put Lotus on top of the timesheets in final practice for the Hungarian Grand Prix on Saturday with the fastest lap of the weekend so far.
The Frenchman, who has yet to win a Formula One race, lapped with a best time of one minute 20.730 seconds - comfortably inside Lewis Hamilton`s 2012 pole position for McLaren of 1:20.953.
Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso was second fastest with Mexican Sergio Perez third for McLaren, despite crashing into the barriers minutes from the end, in blazing hot conditions at the Hungaroring outside Budapest.
The air temperature hovered around 33 degrees celsius while track temperatures soared to 46.
Red Bull`s triple champion Sebastian Vettel, who was quickest in both Friday practice sessions and has a 34 point lead over Alonso after nine of 19 races, was only fourth fastest.
The German was clearly working more on long runs with the medium tyre than setting a time with the softs, however.
Hamilton, on pole in the last two races and a three times winner in Hungary, was sixth on the timesheets for Mercedes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy