Hamilton blasts McLaren for ‘throwing him out’ of garage
London: Mercedes ace Lewis Hamilton has slammed his former team McLaren for forbidding him from entering their team garage.
As he prepared for Sunday’s Bahrain Grand Prix, Hamilton said that he was upset at his treatment by the team that was his home for 14 years, adding that he was personally thrown out from the garage by McLaren’s sporting director Sam Michael.
According to the British racing star, he had tried to visit his former team’s garage in Jerez, Spain, during the test runs, from where he was thrown out by Michael, adding that he feels very disappointed at the treatment.
Denying that Hamilton was manhandled by Michael, McLaren`s PR director Matt Bishop hit back at the racing star, saying that he should have known better than to walk into the private areas of their pit at the critical times of testing since he belongs to a rival team now.
Bishop further said that Michael had ‘gently guided’ out Hamilton from the garage instead of throwing him out, as Hamilton had claimed, adding that the move was necessary as a car was being worked on at that time, with a number of its components visible, which no one from a rival team should see.
Hamilton ended Friday practice in the 10th position, Jenson Button was 11th and Paul Di Resta fifth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...