Hamilton blasts McLaren for ‘throwing him out’ of garage
London: Mercedes ace Lewis Hamilton has slammed his former team McLaren for forbidding him from entering their team garage.
As he prepared for Sunday’s Bahrain Grand Prix, Hamilton said that he was upset at his treatment by the team that was his home for 14 years, adding that he was personally thrown out from the garage by McLaren’s sporting director Sam Michael.
According to the British racing star, he had tried to visit his former team’s garage in Jerez, Spain, during the test runs, from where he was thrown out by Michael, adding that he feels very disappointed at the treatment.
Denying that Hamilton was manhandled by Michael, McLaren`s PR director Matt Bishop hit back at the racing star, saying that he should have known better than to walk into the private areas of their pit at the critical times of testing since he belongs to a rival team now.
Bishop further said that Michael had ‘gently guided’ out Hamilton from the garage instead of throwing him out, as Hamilton had claimed, adding that the move was necessary as a car was being worked on at that time, with a number of its components visible, which no one from a rival team should see.
Hamilton ended Friday practice in the 10th position, Jenson Button was 11th and Paul Di Resta fifth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital