Hamilton calls Chinese Grand Prix win a ‘miracle’
Melbourne: Thanking the McLaren team for “performing a miracle” in giving him a race-winning car at the Chinese Grand Prix, Lewis Hamilton has said that they need to keep developing rapidly if they are to stay in the Formula One title race.
“Red Bull and the others are not going to be sitting around waiting to see what happens. It is going to be a massive fight from now on even if we did an incredible job to turn our fortunes around so much,” he said.
“There is no doubt that we needed that win in China. Looking back at the last few weeks, we have done something incredible at this team,” Fox Sports quoted Hamilton, as saying.
“To have turned the car around and made it a winner – we’ve never done something that big in such a short space of time. I take my hat off to everybody back at the McLaren Technical Centre,” he said.
“Once again, they’ve performed miracles, but we can’t sit still. We’ve still got more work
Hamilton``s win ended world champion Sebastian Vettel’s season-opening two dominant victories for Red Bull.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India