Hamilton can win F1 title with ‘improved’ Mercedes car: Schumacher
London: Legendary Formula One driver Michael Schumacher has said Lewis Hamilton can win the world title in 2013 with an improved Mercedes car. Most Formula One pundits reckon the under-achieving Mercedes squad will continue to disappoint, and even Hamilton has expressed doubt over his prospects of winning races, the Sun reports. But retired German great Schumacher, who has been replaced by Hamilton at Mercedes, believes the team now has the proper structure and technical expertise in place to mount a challenge for honours. Schumacher said Mercedes will be able to design and develop a competitive car, which he insisted was not the case during his three-year stint.
The seven-time world champ said inn the first two years Mercedes definitely did not have the capability to fight on several fronts and if there were problems Mercedes had to take care of them so the development process was interrupted. Schumacher added that now there is a structure that enables both and it’s a strong structure for 2013 and beyond. The German also said the car Mercedes had last year been built under the old conditions, adding that has always been the reason why development stagnated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day