Hamilton credits Vettel’s success to Red Bull car designer Adrian Newey
London: McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton has said Red Bull ace Sebastian Vettel should thank car designer Adrian Newey, who has given him improved cars throughout his two Formula One championship winning years, and this year as well.
Hamilton, who finished fourth, is not surprised to see the season boil down to a shootout between Vettel and Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso, and he added that Newey was partly responsible for designing the car which helped him win the 2008 world title.
"Seeing Sebastian dominate the last few races doesn’t come as a surprise because the Red Bull has been dominant for the past few years,” a daily quoted Hamilton, as saying.
“They seem to have a great capacity to improve the car. Adrian is just a genius. I can’t even imagine what he’s doing. He is a one-off. I’ve seen their speed — there was no way I could compete with that. Even if I drive at 200 per cent and crash, I can’t match it,” he added.
“I won the championship with a car Adrian had a hand in designing. He started off the base of that car and it kept evolving. When the new rules came out, we took a big step backwards and it took a long time to catch up — Adrian is just phenomenal. He’s done a really good job,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened