Hamilton delighted after buzzing past Vettel to win US Grand Prix
London: Formula One ace Lewis Hamilton has expressed his joy after outfoxing his Red Bull rival Sebastian Vettel to win Sunday’s US Grand Prix.
Vettel was left screaming into his radio in frustration after the McLaren ace dodged past to win in a single moment of supreme genius.
“No, he didn’t go away. He was like a bee or a fly just sticking around. To push, not make mistakes, hunt him down and see him making mistakes while applying the pressure is a great feeling,” the Daily Mirror quoted Hamilton, as saying.
“I just beat the supposed best. They say you are only as good as your last race, so….I stamped my mark and showed I still have the status the others do,” he added.
After such a stellar performance, team-mate Jenson Button admitted that with Hamilton off to Mercedes, his successor Sergio ‘Checo’ Perez may not, initially at least, be up to the task, the report said.
“It’s going to be a tricky seat for Checo to fill. Lewis has won the world championship and had so many wins. I don’t know if he will be up to it straight away,” said Button.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says