Hamilton delighted after buzzing past Vettel to win US Grand Prix
London: Formula One ace Lewis Hamilton has expressed his joy after outfoxing his Red Bull rival Sebastian Vettel to win Sunday’s US Grand Prix.
Vettel was left screaming into his radio in frustration after the McLaren ace dodged past to win in a single moment of supreme genius.
“No, he didn’t go away. He was like a bee or a fly just sticking around. To push, not make mistakes, hunt him down and see him making mistakes while applying the pressure is a great feeling,” the Daily Mirror quoted Hamilton, as saying.
“I just beat the supposed best. They say you are only as good as your last race, so….I stamped my mark and showed I still have the status the others do,” he added.
After such a stellar performance, team-mate Jenson Button admitted that with Hamilton off to Mercedes, his successor Sergio ‘Checo’ Perez may not, initially at least, be up to the task, the report said.
“It’s going to be a tricky seat for Checo to fill. Lewis has won the world championship and had so many wins. I don’t know if he will be up to it straight away,” said Button.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test