Hamilton delighted after buzzing past Vettel to win US Grand Prix
London: Formula One ace Lewis Hamilton has expressed his joy after outfoxing his Red Bull rival Sebastian Vettel to win Sunday’s US Grand Prix.
Vettel was left screaming into his radio in frustration after the McLaren ace dodged past to win in a single moment of supreme genius.
“No, he didn’t go away. He was like a bee or a fly just sticking around. To push, not make mistakes, hunt him down and see him making mistakes while applying the pressure is a great feeling,” the Daily Mirror quoted Hamilton, as saying.
“I just beat the supposed best. They say you are only as good as your last race, so….I stamped my mark and showed I still have the status the others do,” he added.
After such a stellar performance, team-mate Jenson Button admitted that with Hamilton off to Mercedes, his successor Sergio ‘Checo’ Perez may not, initially at least, be up to the task, the report said.
“It’s going to be a tricky seat for Checo to fill. Lewis has won the world championship and had so many wins. I don’t know if he will be up to it straight away,” said Button.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok