Hamilton delighted after buzzing past Vettel to win US Grand Prix
London: Formula One ace Lewis Hamilton has expressed his joy after outfoxing his Red Bull rival Sebastian Vettel to win Sunday’s US Grand Prix.
Vettel was left screaming into his radio in frustration after the McLaren ace dodged past to win in a single moment of supreme genius.
“No, he didn’t go away. He was like a bee or a fly just sticking around. To push, not make mistakes, hunt him down and see him making mistakes while applying the pressure is a great feeling,” the Daily Mirror quoted Hamilton, as saying.
“I just beat the supposed best. They say you are only as good as your last race, so….I stamped my mark and showed I still have the status the others do,” he added.
After such a stellar performance, team-mate Jenson Button admitted that with Hamilton off to Mercedes, his successor Sergio ‘Checo’ Perez may not, initially at least, be up to the task, the report said.
“It’s going to be a tricky seat for Checo to fill. Lewis has won the world championship and had so many wins. I don’t know if he will be up to it straight away,” said Button.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Piers Morgan pokes fun at India's performance in Rio: Here's how Virender Sehwag SHUT him down
- Raj Thackeray defies SC order, MNS ties Dahi-Handi at 49 feet in Thane
- Fashion for me is feeling glamorous, confident: Shraddha Kapoor
- Jio does Apple, people throng Reliance Stores for free 4G test SIM
- SHOCKING: DySP forces women trainees to mention their period dates, makes fun of pregnant cadet