Hamilton delighted after buzzing past Vettel to win US Grand Prix
London: Formula One ace Lewis Hamilton has expressed his joy after outfoxing his Red Bull rival Sebastian Vettel to win Sunday’s US Grand Prix.
Vettel was left screaming into his radio in frustration after the McLaren ace dodged past to win in a single moment of supreme genius.
“No, he didn’t go away. He was like a bee or a fly just sticking around. To push, not make mistakes, hunt him down and see him making mistakes while applying the pressure is a great feeling,” the Daily Mirror quoted Hamilton, as saying.
“I just beat the supposed best. They say you are only as good as your last race, so….I stamped my mark and showed I still have the status the others do,” he added.
After such a stellar performance, team-mate Jenson Button admitted that with Hamilton off to Mercedes, his successor Sergio ‘Checo’ Perez may not, initially at least, be up to the task, the report said.
“It’s going to be a tricky seat for Checo to fill. Lewis has won the world championship and had so many wins. I don’t know if he will be up to it straight away,” said Button.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth